Pages

Sunday 1 October 2023

Weekend Notes: September 30th

Hope you’re all having a great weekend! This past Thursday was my birthday and it was a fun-filled birthday weekend with some of my favorite people.

On Thursday, Keith and I had such a nice day with a boozy lunch at Cafe Spaghetti. It was our first time there and it was really good. They also have a beautiful backyard area that would be perfect with a large group or with your family. After lunch, we walked around Dumbo, swung on some swings and came home for cake and to celebrate with the family.

Friday night, I went to dinner with a couple of girlfriends and tonight (Saturday), going to another dinner with friends. The truth of the matter, I love any reason to celebrate: my birthday, a friends birthday, a milestone, a regular Tuesday, I’ll take any excuse.

My substack on The Prada shoes.

On that note, while I didn’t end up with the Prada shoes, I did get these. I’ve been looking for a fresh black heel that I was able to walk in. I haven’t worn these outside yet (only around the house), but they seem very comfortable.

COS makes such great outerwear. I got this double breasted coat and it looks similar to a few that are double or triple the price. I tried on both a 4 and a 6 and the 4 is perfect. Still a smidge oversized, but looks nice and polished. (update: I see most sizes are sold out online but it’s possible they will restock)

A gorgeous cashmere sweater in a pop of red.

My five different outfits using five pieces from Sézane.

These New Balance sneakers are back in stock.

Saks is having their Friend & Family sale and so many great things are 25% off. Some of my personal favorites include this striped Polo sweater, these Toteme boots, Spinelli rings, this faux leather jacket that looks $$$, and this Loulou Studio pinstripe blazer.

A tour of Daniel Boulud’s Upper East Side.

A fuzzy cardigan from Madewell. Also, Does anyone else feel that cardigans are all the rage right now? Don’t get me wrong. They’re a classic and always in style, but it feels like they’re having a bigger moment than I’ve seen in a long time.

This is another great one for $128.

The interiors that made Nancy Meyers a Design Icon.

The Charleston city guide I plan to reference next time I visit.

Eight ways to banish misery.

I ordered this knife a few months ago and it’s made chopping vegetables (or anything, really) so much easier. I love it.

I’m planning to try this bolognese sauce tonight.

Wishing you all a fab week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog