Pages

Friday 21 July 2023

Summer Dressing: Six Recent Outfits

Six summer recent outfits that have been on rotation lately!

Tee: ATM Schoolboy Tee (in a M) | AGOLDE Parker Shorts (TTS) | Emme Parsons Sandals (TTS)|Saint Laurent Belt (Size 80) |  AIRE Sunglasses | Bottega Veneta Small Jodie Bag (budget-friendly option here)

Where: Soho with Keith to get Sugarfish for lunch and shoot some content for my NYC Reel that was posted here. 

What I’m Wearing: A super simple base of my favorite splurgy tee and the shorts that I’ve been wearing all summer. All topped off with some staple closet accessories. The sunglasses I’m wearing are a recent addition and under $50. I got this belt a few years ago and it’s still one of the most worn belts that I have. I’m not big into logo belts anymore, but this one is just subtle and small enough. I’m also really loving all of the belts from Frame.

Why: Denim shorts and a simple tee will always be one of the outfits I feel most comfortable in when the weather is warm. The best part is that one can wear the same thing every single day, but change up the vibe with a swap of accessories.

MIKOH Striped Shirt & Matching Shorts (in a size 2/M in both) | GANNI Sandals | AIRE Sunglasses | Loewe Woven Raffia Tote

Where: Soho to have lunch with Tilden who helps me all blog stuff. It was our first get together since she had baby girl twins a few months ago! After lunch, we shot a bunch of stuff for the same reel I posted about above.

What I’m Wearing: A two piece Mikoh set, my Loewe Raffia Tote (honest review here) and Ganni Sandals.

Why: Because aside from shorts and a tee, there’s nothing easier than to throw on a matching shirt + short combo. In order to elevate the look a little and make it look less casual, I opted for these strappy sandals. They took a few wears to break in, but now are very comfortable.
Jacket: Derek Lan (in a M, runs TTS) | Shorts: Derek Lan (runs TTS) | Chanel flats (last year) | Bottega Mini Jodie

Where: I started the day off at the studio space and then had lunch with a friend before picking Sasha up from camp.

What I’m Wearing: Denim jacket and shorts from Derek Lan paired with Chanel flats and a Bottega Jodie. I do have a code HELENA20 for 20% off anything from Derek Lan, including the pink blazer set I wore here. 

Why: I’ve worn this denim set several times, but in the past, it was with mules. I knew that my friend and I would do a bit of walking, so I made sure to pair it with comfortable shoes. Out of all of my Chanel flats, these are one of my most comfortable pairs.

Sézane Shirt (runs small, size up) & Trousers | Sézane Milo Bag

Where: Industry City, Brooklyn to shoot a few things for Sézane.

What I’m Wearing: Sézane shirt and pants. If you haven’t tried anything from Sezane, you should know that their quality is superb. I have several pairs of trouser pants, including the popular Zara and Aritiza Effortless pair and these are by far, the best quality from the bunch. They’re not see-through and perhaps a smidge too thick in the extreme heat, but so well made. They also come in black and I cannot recommend them enough.  For the bag, wearing the Milo bag and again, the quality is superb for the price point.

Why: I had a couple of meetings and then shot this look for Sézane.

Sézane Horia Dress (in a M. Also comes in a gorgeous green color) | GANNI Sandals

Where: Dinner at one of the new NYC spots, Sartiano’s. 

What I’m Wearing: Dress from Sezane that’s both comfortable and flattering.

Why: My friend is the queen at getting some of the hardest reservations, including this one at Sartiano’s. It’s not that she has any special connections, but she knows the best ways to navigate the system and is always on top of it. In this case, we did have an early-bird special, but I’m never mad at that. I took the train into the city, so needed something that worked well for commuting, but also that worked for a nice restaurant.

WAYF Boxy Blazer & Matching Shorts (in a medium in both) | Similar Tee | Gucci Slingbacks

Where: I had a work day at the studio and then got an early dinner with Keith.

What I’m Wearing: WAYF blazer & shorts that I’ve gotten so much wear out of.

Why: I didn’t have any major plans and was feeling kind of blah,  so felt like sprucing it up with a cute outfit because that always puts me in a better mood.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog